Make your Pen-drive Bootable for Windows Operating Systems.!

Running Windows 7 or Windows 8 ,want to change your operating system...!


Several times my friends and classmates ask me that I don't know how to make my pen-drive 'bootable', I want to install Windows. Here are the commands which you need to type it in Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell and finally you can install your Windows. Now my hands got dirty in typing all these commands in both the environments i.e. in Command Prompt as well as in Windows PowerShell. So I finally thought why not I just post it in my Blog i.e. 'Engineering Mania', it will be helpful for my mates and others.

Here are the steps to make your Pen-drive bootable:

#1. Press Windows key and type PowerShell. Right click on it and run it as administrator.
Here is a snapshot of Windows 8.1's Update (Released on 10th April 2014) PowerShell. Press Windows key GOTO Apps  by clicking left drop down arrow on the Start screen.

Now type the following commands. Make sure that you have inserted the pen-drive.You may also type these commands in caps off(lower or upper case).

Step-1. DISKPART
Step-2. LIST DISK
Step-3. SELECT DISK 1
Step-4. CLEAN
Step-5. CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
Step-6. SELECT PARTITION 1
Step-7. ACTIVE
Step-8. FORMAT FS=NTFS QUICK
Step-9. ASSIGN
Step-10. EXIT

Following commands will look like this..!

#2. Press Windows key and type cmd. Run it as  administrator.
Same commands are applicable in Command Prompt.

If you are using Windows 8/Windows 8.1, below Windows 8.1 snapshot  shows Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell. Just type cmd if you want to make bootable using Command Prompt or  powershell for Windows PowerShell by pressing Windows key and run it as Administrator.

Comments

Popular Posts